ABOUT

Hello there and welcome fam!

I’m Carly and I'm 25 years old. I'm a wife, a mama and a dance teacher..
I currently live in downtown Toronto, aka. The 6ix, aka. Drakes homeland. I live here with my super cool husband Evan and my even cooler, almost two year old daughter Weslie. Second to being a wife and a mother, I'm also a dance teacher/artistic director at my mothers dance studio. Growing up, I was constantly surrounded by music and dancing (seriously, my mom was never NOT playing music) so they have both grown to be a huge part of my life. Speaking of a huge part of my life, I'll give you a quick recap on how my life changed a couple years ago.

In the summer of June 2015, my boyfriend Evan and I found out that we were pregnant. Evan and I met in college and had been dating for two years. Although two years is a long time, it was definitely a short time of dating before starting a family. Of course this was a huge (slightly terrifying) surprise however, it quickly became the most exciting and blessed surprise of our lives. A few short weeks later, Evan gave me the second biggest surprise of my life by proposing to me out front of the college we met at. He had the message displayed up on the campus sign, it was freaking adorable. and theeen... eight weeks later, we were married at my dream wedding surrounded by all our closest family and friends. Yes, you read that right... we were married in eight freakin' weeks (shoutout to Pinterest for being my last minute wedding planner).

Six months later, on my mothers birthday (crazy magical), February 7th 2016, our perfect baby girl Weslie entered the world and changed our lives eternally. From that point on, the most motherly cliché stuck with me – “life actually makes sense now”. But seriously…. It's true. Even though our weeks are busy and the days can feel long, everything feels so meant to be. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Everything we do is for our family now and I love that.

Since becoming a mom, I've grown obsessed with basic motherly things like organizing, planning (which can drive Evan crazy), picture taking and mommy articles. However, I’m far perfect. This mom thing is still fresh and I find myself learning something new everyday. The challenges of being a mom have only begun and I'm trying to be the best mom I can while staying true to who I am. From changing diapers to playing with lego - I love what being a mom entails. But don't get me wrong, I'm still my young self that obsesses over shopping sprees, reality tv, concerts and wine.

So I thought I'd start a blog as a creative new hobby for myself where I can share my experiences, tips and be honest about life - all while cataloguing some of my favourite memories. I'm going to keep my posts light and casual with a little side of humour, just like me (except in person I'm actually really loud). Warning: some posts may get dramatic, maybe even emotional but whateves. So come chill me with me for a bit cuz I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom.


-    Carly xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts