Why Did I Start This?

So why did I start this?

Like why start a blog in the first place?

Well, if I’m being completely honest… this isn’t the first blog I’ve started.

Around a year before I got pregnant, I was looking for something that I could do to express myself without any judgement… kinda let out my thoughts without anyone knowing it was me. I had just graduated college and was hitting that stage in life (you know the "wtf am I gonna do with my life" stage). I was struggling to envision what my life might be like in five years. I felt as though things were moving at a stand still, like I eager for change but I wasn't sure what kind of change I wanted to make. Not only was I trying to figure some sh*t out but I was also missing the quiet quality time I used to spend with my computer. And so I decided to do a little self reflecting. I thought maybe writing it out would help me discover what I was missing in my life. And instead of a handwritten journal (where I would risk my brother finding it and making fun of me for the rest of my life) I decided to start my first blog. and sorry, but the url is a secret I’ll never tell.

and sooo, I had my fun with it. I wrote about relationships, friendships, clothes, hair, love and life in general. 

But then things got a tad busy (and massively stressful).

If you're assuming this is when I got preggers, BINGO - this was when I got pregnant and had some serious sh*t to figure out. I definitely didn’t have time to talk (aka. write) about it. But now, things are finally settled and I feel like doing this again. Except this time, open it up and share it with you. I know I'm a mom and this is a blog but no, I’m not gonna pretend that I bake on Sundays and have my sh*t together all the time (cuz I really don’t lol). My home isn't perfect (its rather messy most of the time) and my hubby does more cooking than I do. Buuut, I'm going to do a lot of exploring with this blog. I want to push myself to try new things with cooking/baking and reconnect with the creative Carly. With this blog I also plan on being as real and as honest as I can. I’ll talk about whatever I might feel like talking about. And maybe, just maybe, some of you can relate.

So here it is, my newest hangout.

Welcome to my SECOND blog.

Comments

Popular Posts